So far, So good.
We bought this refrigerator to replace an LG that lasted 8 years. I can't believe the average age of a refrigerator is 10 years. Had to buy a new one quick because my wife was getting her knee replaced a week after the old refrigerator died and we needed ice. The model we bought is almost identical to the one that died. We bought this one because it has two ice makers. Only time will tell if it is reliable or not.
This Refrigerator purchase I believe is a great purchase, this is the first French Door purchase I have made an it's awesome. The space it has
is great, it has three drawers for fruits and vegetables and a dual ice maker which I really appreciate. I have always owned a side by side but this is truly amazing that you don't have to look to find what your looking for all the way down like the side by side everything is really at your fingertips, I believe this is the best purchase I have made thus far.
We love this refrigerator! It has a smudge proof exterior, which stays much cleaner than our last stainless refrigerator. The ice maker is very quiet and produces more than enough for our purposes. The interior is extremely spacious, especially since the ice maker is concealed in the door instead of taking up space inside. My only complaint is that the produce drawers could be larger, I think if they had stayed with two large drawers, instead of two medium and one small one in the middle, it would have been perfect.
great except for noise.....
Purchased this to replace an aging but working side by side. Wasn't sure if I would like the french door style. Increased the size from our former refrigerator which seemed too small.
I love this design/layout. I think we could have stayed at the same sq footage as old side-by-side. Oh well. It is very bright and light inside. Easy to store things as it has flexible options for setting up your space. I like that I can open either door by itself. It also has two ice makers. One on the top and a big one on the bottom in the freezer, which could also hold a bag of purchased ice if needed. It did take about a week to fill it up, though, so not sure if that was just the first time or all the time as we don't use a lot of ice on a daily basis. Temperature seems regulated and consistent. We notice a huge improvement on the longevity of the stored fruits and vegetables.
Wasn't sure if I'd like the freezer and if I would "loose" items as they get packed in there. It does have three sections (one big one divided and one tray), so I can stage and manage what I need in the freezer for easy access (i.e. ice cream).
The downside: It is noisy. Not sure why or what, but sometimes more than other times. I can hear it going and that was what I didn't like about the old refrigerator. This is not any less noisy that the 25 yr old frig. that was very loud in the end.
And I wish this model was in the black stainless but it only came in the stainless, so it shows the finger prints.
Super Nice; But, Ice Maker Trouble
1. Positive - The fridge holds lots of food. Two of the right door shelves are large enough to hold 2 gallons each.
2. Positive - The left door shelves are great for holding condiments.
3. Positive - Has a second ice maker in the freezer, which has routinely come in handy for large gatherings.
4. Positive - The drawer freezer has been a huge plus. We previously had a side-by-side, and food would just slide out when you opened the door. With this fridge, that problem is gone.
5. Negative - It comes with a gee-wiz shelf where part of it can slide under, opening more room in the front for exceptionally tall items even if the shelf itself is setup for tall items (2-liter, grape juice, etc...). However, to accommodate this feature, there's a bar under the shelf taking up an extra couple of inches, actually making the bottom shelf have less space, when you aren't using the feature. It's truly annoying.
6. Main Negative - The ice maker seems to sporadically have a problem not being able to tell when there is or isn't ice. It will mistakenly believe there is ice and will just stop producing any. There appears to be some metal plates near the top, and ice sticks to them. Usually, if I knock that ice off, it starts making ice again. On one occasion this didn't fix the issue, but the maker inexplicably began working again a few weeks later. It still works, and we haven't had the trouble for weeks, now. It happens about once every few months. Thankfully, the ice maker in the freezer has always worked and provided a viable backup for us, until we resolved the other.